|A summer school will be held at the
Innsbruck the week preceding the
ICAP2006 conference, July 9th to July 14th,
Lectures at the summer school will be at the level of advanced graduate
courses in Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics. The target audience is
Ph.D. students or postdocs starting research in AMO physics.
- Friday after Roy Glauber's talk: Labtours. Meet
in front of lecture hall A.
- If you are interested in renting a bike: Ask Clarice
or Helena at the registration desk.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION for PARTICIPANTS
- Check-In starts on Sunday, July 9 at 16:00 in the hall
front of lecture hall A in the
Victor-Franz Hess Haus
(“Technik”), Technikerstrasse 25, on the Technik-Campus of the
University of Innsbruck (see
areal plan). Enter the building on the Southern side.
- The summer school starts on Sunday, July 9, with
an informal reception at 18:00 in and in front of lecture hall
A. Everybody is invited to watch the Soccer World Cup final
starting at 20:00 with us. Bring along fan accessories and the flag of
your favorite country if you wish.
- The official welcome will be on Monday, July 10,
at 8:45 in lecture hall A.
- Lectures are Monday through Friday from 9:00 to
17:30 in lecture hall A. The final schedule can be found
- There will be access to computers and to a
wireless LAN (WLAN) at the school.
- On Wednesday afternoon, starting at 16:00,
there will be a hike (weather permitting) with the subsequent school
dinner at the popular Buzihütte in upper Innsbruck starting at about 19:00. Please
bring along a raincoat just in case.
- Participants housed in the
Tirolerheim (address see below) need to bring their own toilet accessories such as
towel, soap etc. No breakfast is served there.
- Participants housed at the
Kolpinghaus wishing to extend their stay for a few days after ICAP
(i.e. after 21st of July) can
arrange such an extension upon check-in at the Kolpinghaus. The price
is roughly Euro 25,-- per night.
- The Innsbruck bus schedule
can be found
here (in German only).
- The emergency telephone number
in case of serious trouble and/or delay in arrival is (within Austria):
0650 690 1678. From outside Austria one has to dial ++43 650 690 1678.
Please only use if really needed.
- Have a good and save trip to
- Laser cooling and trapping
- Bose-Einstein condensation and degenerate Fermi gases
- Precision spectroscopy and ultrashort laser pulses
- Quantum information
- Cavity quantum electrodynamics
- Ultracold molecules and collisions
Lecturers will include
Hans Peter Helm,
Wolfgang Ketterle, and
The summer school is an ideal preparation for the high level lectures at
the conference on the current frontiers of AMO physics. Participants of
the summer school are required to also register for the
ICAP 2006 conference + summer school:
- For registration before April 1st: 330 Euros
- For registration before June 15th: 400 Euros
- Registration after June 15th is not possible
Glauber-article for Jeff Kimble's course
Kimble lecture notes
Kimble lecture notes
Kimble lecture notes
Problems Lectures I and II
Kimble: Papers, Non-classical
Ketterle lecture notes July 10th
Ketterle lecture notes July 13th
Helm lecture notes July 10th
Helm lecture notes July 11th
Dalibard lecture notes
Julienne lecture notes July 12th
Julienne lecture notes July 13th
Accommodation at a hostel near the university (Kolpinghaus,
Viktor Franz Hess Strasse 7, Innsbruck) will be available at a reduced
price for the time of the school and the conference. Other (more
expensive) accommodation can be booked through the ICAP2006 website upon
Shared double room in Kolpinghaus, 12 nights (July 9th
through July 21st): 280 Euros
A few people are booked at the Tirolerheim. The
Tel. 0699 181 288 40 (within Austria)
How to apply
SCHOOL IS ALREADY FULLY BOOKED!
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY ANYMORE!
- Johannes Hecker Denschlag
- Hanns-Christoph Nägerl
- Helmut Ritsch
Please address further questions regarding the summer school to:
The summer school is sponsored by the
SFB-Quantenoptik in Innsbruck
and the Center for Ultracold Atoms at MIT and Harvard.
last modification: July. 11th 2006 by HCN.